Saturday, April 13, 2013

Perspective

After Levi's soccer game we headed over to a landscaping store to get a load of dirt for our garden.  I'll be the first to admit that I was "in a funk,"as we call it in our house.  No good reason for my bad mood, but there it is.  I had been snippy with my family and really just an unpleasant person to be around.

As we pull into the parking lot we come face to face with a truck that has rolled completely on its side.  If you didn't know, Phil worked for EMSA for years.  I could tell just by looking at his reaction to the scene that it wasn't a small incident.  He asked me to stay with the boys while he went and saw how he could help.  I watched him help remove the unconscious man from the truck, make him comfortable and talk to him as he held his wounds.  That man couldn't hear a word he said.  Phil stayed until they loaded him in the ambulance and then came back to me.  In his eyes I saw sadness.  A deep sorrow for a person whose life hangs in the balance.

And you know what I thought in that moment?  We have a heavenly Father who loves us and the love of each other...does anything else really matter? We will be stressed about our house a lot in the next few months.  But, God willing, we will continue to be stressed together.

Phil will probably be unhappy that I am posting this, but I want our boys to read this story one day and know what an incredible daddy they have.  He is a man with courage, strength, compassion and character.  God gave me an incredible gift when he gave him to me.  And I want to remind our boys to always keep things in the right PERSPECTIVE.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment